The Virtuoso Strings Charitable Trust aims to generate social benefit through an accessible, inclusive and holistic music education programme in a community-based setting.
- All aspects of all music programmes (eg. Instruments, tuition, uniform, trips, food, exam fees) are provided freely to students who would not otherwise have the opportunity to participate.
- All youth residing in socio-economically disadvantaged communities can join free Virtuoso Strings music programmes.
- Our Virtuoso Strings Orchestra based in Cannons Creek is open to all young people from the wider Wellington region.
- Our programmes are not just about music. The Virtuoso Strings mantra is: “If you care about the whole person, they will care a whole lot about learning.”
- We are community-led and driven. We listen. We plan together. We work together. We celebrate together.